Thursday, January 10, 2013

1 year ago today


Happy Birthday to our Princess!!


1 year ago today our lives were changed forever, our beautiful daughter Mackenzie was born. It's hard to believe its been a whole year. Time has gone so quickly it truly feels like yesterday that we were in India at Spring Meadows waiting nervously in the waiting room for Mackenzie to be born.


 

The first year has been full of fun, laughter and joy. Mackenzie is such a good little girl and we feel blessed to be her parents.


 

I have a post written to catch you all up on what's been happening since I last posted over 7 months ago!!!!! Bad blogger award goes to me!!!! But I wanted this post just to be a birthday post.



Not a day goes by that I don't think about Jyoti, Dr S and the team at SCI, without them I wouldn't be writing this post. I hope that Jyoti is fully recovered and her life has returned to normal, we will be forever grateful and will never forgot what an amazing and special person Jyoti is and she will always be part of our family. I have been showing Mackenzie pictures of Jyoti and talking about her so when we go back to Delhi in the near future for #2 if we are lucky enough to see Jyoti again Mackenzie will hopefully recognise her.





We had a small birthday dinner and cake with family on Tuesday as Mark unfortunately went back to work yesterday and I am lucky to be able to have a day off work today to spend it with Mackenzie. We are having a bigger party with family and friends on the 27th, which just happens to the day she became an Aussie citizen.




I'll leave you with some pics that were taken recently.


Not a fan of Santa this year

This was before the tears started with Santa

Opening her birthday presents
 
I have no idea why she was making this face but it still very cute!
 
Cutting the cake with Daddy

not quite sure of her birthday cake, picked out by daddy! Barbie Icecream Cake, go daddy!

 

 






















































 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl!! Happy 1st Birthday Mackenzie xx
    This time of year especially brings back memories of our time at Svelte and the amazing journey. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st birthday! Just days after our Little Viking she arrived :) And what a wonderful little girl she has become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally your back. This year has flown. Can't believe Kieran is 1 tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Keep the beautiful pictures coming.
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Annette she has grown so much since I saw you at the surrogacy conference! Happy Birthday Mackenzie!!! Your gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete