19 weeks, wow how time flys when you are having fun!!
I can't believe Mackenzie is 19 weeks old already, sometimes it feels like time is passing too quick but I am very lucky that I get to be a stay at home mum until December.
Mackenzie is still a dream baby, she is still sleeping through the night, she has her last feed at 6.30pm and then we don''t hear a peep from her until about 7am. We have recently started giving her solids, what a fun stage this is, it is so funny to watch their facial expression when tasting something new for the first time!! So far she loves pears, apples and sweet potato that I have cooked and I have tried her on some organic shop bought food too and geez some of the flavours are just plain weird but so far she likes everything.
We saw the paediatrician for her 3 month check up 5 weeks ago and he was so shocked at how big she is and was pleasantly surprised at how advanced her development is, I am totally taking credit for it!!
Her stats at 14 weeks were
Weight: 7kg
Length: 64.5cm
We took her to have her 4 month shots but she had a slight temperature due to teething, no teeth yet but they must be coming, she has the rosiest cheeks and drooling like there is no tomorrow. So we decided to wait until I get back from Melbourne to do them.
So Mackenzie and I are in Melbourne as we speak or blog, we arrived yesterday arvo and we are here for the Surrogacy Australia Conference. They flight from Perth was great, I used my points to fly business class, we both totally are getting used to this level of comfort while travelling!!
We are staying just around the corner from the Rydges where the conference is being held which starts tomorrow, Dr Shivani is speaking, so hopefully I will get a chance to say Hi and show her how big our girl has gotten. There are a lot of other guest speakers from other countries that have surrogacy programs and also people talking about their journeys to create their families. Here is a link to the Surrogacy Australia website with details about the conference.
I want to say congratulations to all those in blogland whose babies have arrived, there has been a baby boom in blogland recently and to those who have had positive betas and heartbeat ultrasounds congrats also.
My heart aches for those who haven't had good news, my only advice is to never give up, it was this time last year on the 20th May that we had received the most amazing news that our surrogate Jyoti was pregnant and here we are today with a beautiful, healthy little girl, miracles do happen!
Now for some pics of our princess and I promise to be a better blogger and post regular updates!!
I can't believe Mackenzie is 19 weeks old already, sometimes it feels like time is passing too quick but I am very lucky that I get to be a stay at home mum until December.
Mackenzie is still a dream baby, she is still sleeping through the night, she has her last feed at 6.30pm and then we don''t hear a peep from her until about 7am. We have recently started giving her solids, what a fun stage this is, it is so funny to watch their facial expression when tasting something new for the first time!! So far she loves pears, apples and sweet potato that I have cooked and I have tried her on some organic shop bought food too and geez some of the flavours are just plain weird but so far she likes everything.
We saw the paediatrician for her 3 month check up 5 weeks ago and he was so shocked at how big she is and was pleasantly surprised at how advanced her development is, I am totally taking credit for it!!
Her stats at 14 weeks were
Weight: 7kg
Length: 64.5cm
We took her to have her 4 month shots but she had a slight temperature due to teething, no teeth yet but they must be coming, she has the rosiest cheeks and drooling like there is no tomorrow. So we decided to wait until I get back from Melbourne to do them.
So Mackenzie and I are in Melbourne as we speak or blog, we arrived yesterday arvo and we are here for the Surrogacy Australia Conference. They flight from Perth was great, I used my points to fly business class, we both totally are getting used to this level of comfort while travelling!!
We are staying just around the corner from the Rydges where the conference is being held which starts tomorrow, Dr Shivani is speaking, so hopefully I will get a chance to say Hi and show her how big our girl has gotten. There are a lot of other guest speakers from other countries that have surrogacy programs and also people talking about their journeys to create their families. Here is a link to the Surrogacy Australia website with details about the conference.
I want to say congratulations to all those in blogland whose babies have arrived, there has been a baby boom in blogland recently and to those who have had positive betas and heartbeat ultrasounds congrats also.
My heart aches for those who haven't had good news, my only advice is to never give up, it was this time last year on the 20th May that we had received the most amazing news that our surrogate Jyoti was pregnant and here we are today with a beautiful, healthy little girl, miracles do happen!
Now for some pics of our princess and I promise to be a better blogger and post regular updates!!
| Our Easter Bunny |
| Easter Bunnies |
| Loving the attention |
| Cute hat that Aunty Janis made |
| Mackenzie and her cousin Bailee |
| Out to breakfast with the girls |
what a happy child. hooo i have missed your posts. i can tell you i read your blog at least 6 times a day every time i get an update from SCI. i always compare notes because you have done a good analytical job and i always check my measurements against yours. . please keep up with your updates. i soooo need it. Mckenzie is looking so good. take care
ReplyDeleteAnd I was so lucky to meet McKenzie and Annette at the conference today/last night. A beautiful pair of girls!
ReplyDeleteSo LOVELY to meet you Annette and your gorgeous girl Mackenzie. Looking forward to keeping in touch. Wish we had more time to have spoken more.
ReplyDeleteHi Annette, Mackenzie is a stunner just like her Mumma! Great to chat and have a laugh with you. xxx
ReplyDeleteAnnette, wow Mackenzie has grown up so much since I saw her!! Not sure how I missed your post as I have just spotted it... Wonderful to see the updated pics and I am glad to hear you made it to the surrogacy conference and would love to hear all about it if you are up for a catch up. Big kisses to Mackenzie xx
ReplyDeleteShe's the cutest little munchkin Annette! I hope I'll get to meet her soon! xx
ReplyDelete