Today is a sad day for us, our beautiful Delta has crossed over the rainbow bridge to heaven. She was our first furry baby and she was an amazing dog. She was nearly 12 and for an Alaskan Malamute she far surpassed the average life expectancy for her breed, but over the last 12 months her health has slowly deteriorated. This morning when I went into see them, I just knew it was time to let her go and be free.
This is probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make especially with Mark being away at work but I knew it was a decision I had to make for her not for us. Our tears will eventually dry and the pain of her loss will fade, we both have lots of good memories of her. We are lucky that we still have Phoenix (her brother) and 3 cats to keep us company. I am always amazed at how animals just know how to make you feel better when you are feeling sad.
Thank you to Rochelle, Sammy, Jerome, Emma and the staff at the Claremont Vet Clinic, without the love and support from all of you this day would've been a lot harder.
We now have 2 guardians angels watching over our family, good night my beautiful girl run free, you will always be in our hearts. We miss you already, till we meet again.
![]() |
| Our Delta 3/12/99 - 24/9/11 |
Today is a sad day for us, our beautiful Delta has crossed over the rainbow bridge to heaven. She was our first furry baby and she was an amazing dog. She was nearly 12 and for an Alaskan Malamute she far surpassed the average life expectancy for her breed, but over the last 12 months her health has slowly deteriorated. This morning when I went into see them, I just knew it was time to let her go and be free.
This is probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make especially with Mark being away at work but I knew it was a decision I had to make for her not for us. Our tears will eventually dry and the pain of her loss will fade, we both have lots of good memories of her. We are lucky that we still have Phoenix (her brother) and 3 cats to keep us company. I am always amazed at how animals just know how to make you feel better when you are feeling sad.
Thank you to Rochelle, Sammy, Jerome, Emma and the staff at the Claremont Vet Clinic, without the love and support from all of you this day would've been a lot harder.
We now have 2 guardians angels watching over our family, good night my beautiful girl run free, you will always be in our hearts. We miss you already, till we meet again.

Oh no...I just hate these posts! It always brings me back when we lost our girl Frankie at 13 just one week after returning from India with our little man Blaze. So very sorry guys. Sending prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteOh it is hearthbreaking. We lost our little Chihuahua in July and the agony has subsided, but the missing has not.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. No matter how old they are, it's always hard to let them go. It's amazing how they are so much like our children. I can't tell you how many times I have come home and cried with my cats. Sill, yes maybe, but still comforting. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss, quite a few surrogacy parents have lost their fur babies, maybe it is so they can watch out for you all from heaven. xxx Meg and Toby
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. I'm so sorry about Delta. Losing a fur baby is never easy. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteReally sorry to hear about Delta. Hope you are doing ok and remembering all the good times you had with her xx
ReplyDeleteAs a Husky owner we know how beautiful these fur-kids are. Just knowing that she's now found happiness and will be watching over you over the following years, will hopefully bring you some comfort. xx
ReplyDelete