To all of the fallen diggers and those still fighting wars around the world, we salute you, Lest we forget.
So after my expensive departure from Perth, I made it to Singapore, had a 2 hour gap in between flights and then I was off again, destination New Delhi. The flight to Delhi was uneventful and unfortunately sleepless for me even with the help of medication. I don't think I am ever destined to sleep on a plane!! Keep telling Mark I am meant to be flying business class, he still hasn't come around to my way of thinking.
So I get to immigration and the smiley (not) immigration officer was just about to stamp my passport and the stops and looks at my visa and starts asking the other officer next to him questions, I was starting to freak out a little thinking what the hell (was really thinking of another word but need to keep it G rated for the blog) am I going to do if they won't let me in the country. Mark had already checked before I left that we could re-enter India and the embassy in Australia said we would be fine as long as there had been 60 days since we had last exited, well for me it had been 64 days so I guess that's what they were checking on, so after a chit chat with his mate he finally stamped my passport and I was on my way to get my luggage, damn having 27kgs!!
It took about 30 mins for the bags to arrive, you would think at 2.15am they would be pretty quick but one thing I have learnt is India runs on India time. So I lug my suitcase onto a trolley and off I go to find my driver who was collecting me, so I walk up the line of signs and couldn't find one for me so i thought I'll check outside too still nothing. So I text Mark and let him know I had landed and told him my drama, he was worried knowing how daunting Delhi airport is but I was too tired to be worried or stressed, so I did a few more laps inside and out and by this stage it was nearly 4am, so i thought stuff it I am going to check into the transit hotel inside the airport and deal with getting to the apartment once I had some sleep.
So I pay 2500 rupees for a bed and ensuite for 4 hours which is about $50 but I would've paid anything for a shower and bed, the room was clean and the shower was awesome but the bed was so hard but I fell asleep pretty quickly, so at 7.45am I got up and went to call the owner of the apartments and let him know what had happened, "apparently" there was a communication breakdown and he thought I had oragnised someone else to come and get me. But he was very apologetic and sent someone to come and get me straight away.
I finally get to the apartment which is on the second floor but has about 6 flights of stairs!! The apartment is really nice and has everything we need apart from decent shower pressure but you get that at least there is hot water! There is also a couple from Darwin here doing their first cycle and they are right next door, so after a shower and a bit of a chill out they took me to get some food and supplies. Let's just say it is very different food shopping here than at home but I will save that for another post.
So today I had my first appointment with Dr S, all pretty standard had a quick ultrasound, she said i had a good number of follicles on each side so we are on the right track again, now we just have to get them and more to grow. I was then ushered into another room and without warning the nurse comes in with my first injection and took blood from my hand too!!! Two needles, was so not ready for that!
So after that trauma, Dr Shivani hands me my esky with 5 days worth of injections and notes on when to come back to see her for another scan and blood test to see things are progressing. The thing with the injections this time is that I still have the injector pens but they don't deliver the full dose I need so I have to use a needle and syringe to draw it out of the pen to get the full dose, this is going to be interesting because the pen was a breeze its a tiny needle and you just has to put the needle in and press the button and your done, so tomorrow will be interesting having to use a proper needle and syringe, I'll have to be a big brave girl again and just do it.
Well it's nearly 11pm here so I better sign off and go and get some sleep, I'll post more about the shopping experience soon.
FYI - It's bloody stinking hot here, feels like I am having summer all over again, they are forecasting 40 degrees and humid this week!
Night Night x
No comments:
Post a Comment