Well the last few days have been pretty uneventful except for our trip to see another wonder of the world, Taj Mahal.
It was an early-ish start, our driver picked us up at 7.30am and we arrived in Agra around 12.30pm, the roads weren't too bad just lots of traffic and like our driver said, there are no road rules and Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days to see Taj.
We decided to get a guide as well to give a bit of history of Agra and the Taj, he was very knowledgeable and had the hairiest ears we have ever seen, it was wrong town. The size of the Taj Mahal is mind blowing and for those perfectionists it is symmetrically perfect. Before entering onto the marble you either have to take your shoes off (which they say you may not see your shoes again) or put on shoe covers, we opted for the latter. Inside is very small compared to the outside and only Muslims are allowed to take photos inside apparently.
Although it is a sacred place, pick pockets are rife inside, our drivers last clients had their passports, visas and all their money stolen while walking through inside, we were warned before hand only to take the necessities with us and leave everything else in the car. Mark felt a few fingernails trying to get into his pockets but we came out with everything we went in with.
For those who don't know the story behind the Taj, do yourself a favour and google it, it is a very interesting and sad love story.
After our guided tour around the Taj Mahal we then we back to a Handicrafts store, the shop had big windows and saw us coming!! Before we knew we had bought a Persian carpet, pashminas, marble jewellery box and a marble Ganesha, the credit card took a hammering needless to say, but we were supporting local craftsmen so the salesman kept on telling us.
The trip home was just as long, we got back to our B&B at 9.30pm and thankfully I bought 2 minute noodles from home so that was dinner.
Now for the daily injections, I am a pro now, first day on my own I thought I just need to do and don't think about it, the worst part of needles for me is looking at it going in and I would normally look away but it is a bit hard to inject yourself in the belly not looking!! So with my assistant Mark watching me I went for it and bugger me I hardly felt it. Had to do one on the road to Taj but luckily we stopped mid morning and it happened to be at the time I was due for it, for those who haven't been to India, the roads are bumpy and there was no way i was sticking a needle in me whilst moving.
The next few days we have a few appointments with Dr Shivani and hopefully on Tuesday we will meet our surrogate, her husband and the lawyers to sign the contracts.
It was an early-ish start, our driver picked us up at 7.30am and we arrived in Agra around 12.30pm, the roads weren't too bad just lots of traffic and like our driver said, there are no road rules and Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days to see Taj.
We decided to get a guide as well to give a bit of history of Agra and the Taj, he was very knowledgeable and had the hairiest ears we have ever seen, it was wrong town. The size of the Taj Mahal is mind blowing and for those perfectionists it is symmetrically perfect. Before entering onto the marble you either have to take your shoes off (which they say you may not see your shoes again) or put on shoe covers, we opted for the latter. Inside is very small compared to the outside and only Muslims are allowed to take photos inside apparently.
Although it is a sacred place, pick pockets are rife inside, our drivers last clients had their passports, visas and all their money stolen while walking through inside, we were warned before hand only to take the necessities with us and leave everything else in the car. Mark felt a few fingernails trying to get into his pockets but we came out with everything we went in with.
For those who don't know the story behind the Taj, do yourself a favour and google it, it is a very interesting and sad love story.
After our guided tour around the Taj Mahal we then we back to a Handicrafts store, the shop had big windows and saw us coming!! Before we knew we had bought a Persian carpet, pashminas, marble jewellery box and a marble Ganesha, the credit card took a hammering needless to say, but we were supporting local craftsmen so the salesman kept on telling us.
The trip home was just as long, we got back to our B&B at 9.30pm and thankfully I bought 2 minute noodles from home so that was dinner.
Now for the daily injections, I am a pro now, first day on my own I thought I just need to do and don't think about it, the worst part of needles for me is looking at it going in and I would normally look away but it is a bit hard to inject yourself in the belly not looking!! So with my assistant Mark watching me I went for it and bugger me I hardly felt it. Had to do one on the road to Taj but luckily we stopped mid morning and it happened to be at the time I was due for it, for those who haven't been to India, the roads are bumpy and there was no way i was sticking a needle in me whilst moving.
The next few days we have a few appointments with Dr Shivani and hopefully on Tuesday we will meet our surrogate, her husband and the lawyers to sign the contracts.
| Taj Mahal |
No comments:
Post a Comment