Thursday, February 3, 2011

1st Injection Day

So maybe I freaked myself out a bit over these injections. Mark and I made the trek to Phoenix Hospital, which is bout a 15 min walk from our B&B, the thing with traffic in Delhi is there a very few road rules and pedestrians do not have right of way, the worst part of it is the constant sounding of horns!!! Just about drove me mad by the end of it I had a headache, so we arrived at the hospital to meet with our nurse Lovely (yes, that is really her name) and we went into an exam room, she showed me how to prime syringe and then it was done. I even pressed the plunger myself, so deserved a lollipop!

Many have asked if Mark will be giving me injections and my response to that is there is NO FREAKING WAY I would let him near me with a needle, so I am on my own. Worst case scenario if I chicken out, we will make the trek again to see Lovely.

We also received 4 surrogate profiles today, now how does one choose the person to carry their baby/ies. We were thinking maybe the most robust one, for those who don't know, Mark was 11lbs 12oz, but not to be, all of them are 5'3" and slim build so we have decided to go with our gut feeling as it is usually right.

So we have chosen a young lady we will call her S (gotta protect her identity), she is 26, married and has 2 boys of her own, she is hoping to use the money to build a home for her family. She has a very kind appearance and we will get to meet her and her husband next week.

Next on the agenda for us is some sight seeing, we are hoping to go to see the Taj Mahal on Saturday. Agra is only about 250km from Delhi but it takes 5 hours to get there so most our day will be spent in the car. 

We will update again soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment