Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friday is the big day

So after a few scans and blood tests, Dr Shivani has decided that Friday will be egg retrieval day.

I had a scan on Monday and it showed 11 follicles in total ranging between 14-16mm, Dr S wanted to do a couple more days of treatment and then have another scan on Wednesday, so off we go yesterday to see Dr Jolly for the repeat scan and good news all 11 follicles are all over 18mm and he thinks that there could be a couple more hiding too.

After speaking with Dr S yesterday, she feels alot more confident that we will get a positive result this time, so fingers crossed. I had to give myself the trigger injection this morning at 6am to mature the follicles and egg retrieval is set for 4pm Delhi time tomorrow. They will fertilise them straight away and we should get a report from the embryologist on Saturday or Sunday to let us know how the embryos are travelling. Embryo transfer will more than likely be done next week sometime depending on how many eggs are collected and also how many fertlise.

Our second journey in Delhi is fast coming to an end, we leave to come home on Monday morning and land in Perth at midnight Tuesday, can't wait to sleep in my our SOFT bed. The beds here are so hard, I don't think I have had a good night sleep since I have been here.

We will update probably on Saturday with how the retrieval went.

Also a big Happy Birthday to Nanna Elvie, who is celebrating her 85th birthday today. Happy Birthday Nan!!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey dollies! Great news about increase in follicles! Got everything crossed for you ok? Catch up really soon.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete